Electric Vehicle Widescale Analysis for Tomorrow's Transportation Solutions
Awarded Date: September 2019
Completion Date: December 2022
EV WATTS is responding to the rapid increase in vehicle electrification by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing up-to-date national data from plug-in electric vehicles (PEVs) and charging stations (also known as EVSE – electric vehicle supply equipment) in order to improve the understanding of end user charging and driving patterns as well as future development and deployment. Energetics is partnering with Clean Cities Coalitions, state and local governments, fleets, and charging station providers to collect and analyze non-identifiable data over an 18-24 month period.
- Provide anonymized (non-identifiable information) PEV and EVSE data that augments existing DOE federally funded and development datasets
- Develop and regularly share high-level data summaries that provide stakeholders and the public with a snapshot of current PEV and EVSE operations and trends
- Apply data analytics to answer the project’s key research questions that will inform the next generation of policies and investments
- Include all-electric and plug-in hybrid electric vehicles ranging from light, medium, and heavy-duty
- Include various sites from corridors, workplaces, curbsides, fleets, commercial, etc.
- Data sharing partners have rights to data from PEV charging stations and/or PEVs equipped with telematics data loggers